Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Things They Carried Part 2

This was one of my favorite books that i chose to read, i really enjoyed it. It started out really slow but then i got into it. I really liked how it talked about his time in Canada that he spent with the cabin owner, how he did work for him and how the cabin owner didnt bother in bugging him about why he was there and what was wrong. I also really enjoyed the part when on of the guys brought his girlfriend over and she did a complete 180. I did not like however how she starting hanging out with the Green Berets. My favorite characters were Curt Lemon and especially Rat Kiley. I didnt like Rat at first, but as i got to know more about him he became one of my favorites. My favorite part of the book however, that topped everything else, was the end; When Tim talks about his first love and how he was really in love and how she wore the hat and got made fun of and how he still sees her sometimes. That was my favorite because it was just a nice ending to the story and i really like the impact she had on him.

2 comments:

  1. i didnt see this til after i commented on the previous post...haha. yes i did!

    ReplyDelete