Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Catcher in the Rye Part 2

I did not like how this story ended. Well, okay, i liked it, i just wish it didnt end that way. I mean what happens next? It just sort of stopped, like Salinger decided he was tired of writing. I really like how there were instances that i felt i could relate to, and how Holden's character was so far from the usual. It made for a very interesting story. I really enjoyed how he was really close with Phoebe too, and what a bond they seemed to have. One specific thing Holden said really got to me: "Certain things they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone. I know that's impossible, but it's too bad anyway." I totally agree with this, and wish it were possible too. I'd like to think that Holden got his life figured out and mde it in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment