Sunday, August 7, 2011
The Things They Carried Part 1
So this book started out really boring for me. Tim O'Brien starts out talking about all the things they carried during their time in Vietnam. literally. like the kind of weapons, gear, and all that jazz. How much it weighs, what you need for what, why you need it and all sort of things like that. He talks about personal things too, like photos, bibles, and things of sentimental value as well. It went on like that for what felt like forever. I didnt know if i could stand it. Then it started to get good. It got off the material things and into the more emotional things they dealt with. Like the bonds they made, the things they saw, the friends they lost. I got more into reading it and started to really enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
But I love this book! That makes me oh so sad
ReplyDeleteyou should be happy!! by the end of it i decided it made my list of favorites!
ReplyDelete