Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Act 3 Scene 6 King Lear

I think this is one of my favorite scenes. I love the relationship between Lear and "Tom"!! And Tom and The Fool are so funny! It cracked me up when lear wanted to have the trial. That was just great. Just great. And Tom's awesome. I want them to be best friends. I feel bad that Lear is losing his mind though, but that's part of what makes this scene so good! It's nice to see that Tom learns something after seeing Lear go through this as well. That he's not the only one with problems, and that people of even more importance than him have the same-if not bigger-problems too.When we our betters see bearing our woes,/We scarcely think our miseries our foes./Who alone suffers, suffers most i' th' mind/Leaving free things and happy shows behind./But then the mind much sufferance doth o'erski/When grief hath mates and bearing fellowship./How light and portable my pain seems now/When that which makes me bend makes the king bow./He childed as I fathered. Tom, away!/Mark the high noises and thyself bewray/When false opinion, whose wrong thought defiles thee,/In thy just proof repeals and reconciles thee./What will hap more tonight, safe ’scape the king!
/Lurk, lurk. I'm glad he realizes this. I can't wait to see what happens when he reveals himself later on. I really want Tom and Lear to be best friends, even if Tom isn't really crazy and Lear is. Also, Tom is AWESOME for being able to act out of his mind so well. great scene, just great.

2 comments:

  1. you know it would be great if tom and lear became best friends...edmund really seems like the kinda guy that wouldnt get annoyed with the crazy king but instead actually care about him like his father did. I also liked how Tom learned something from Lear, like i so wasnt expecting edmund to come out of tom but he did! and tom is really great at acting crazy, like how in the WORLD did he come up with some of that stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, i meant edgar up there...not edmund

    ReplyDelete